With the Covid-19 crisis resulting in church going exclusively online we have seen our reliance on electronic communication grow, particularly concerning our e-blasts, meeting on Zoom, our church website, and our weekly newsletter The Messenger. Now that some members have discovered the convenience and belonging that being online can bring, we realize that our online presence will be an ongoing part of St. Gabriel, even after we resume being able to meet and worship in person. Hence, the renewed importance of a renewed Communications Ministry.
The ministry will be concerned with anything that “communicates” including:
- How to create a strong, inclusive hybrid between online and in-person worship;
- Creating an editorial policy for The Messenger and website guest blogs;
- Standardizing our church “advertising” language including in The Messenger, on our Facebook and Instagram social media accounts and our website, and our church signage inside and outside;
- The most effective ways to communicate between church leadership and the congregation;
- Updating photo permissions from church members;
- Communicating St. Gabriel events and news with the Diocese of Oregon.
Would you like to join this ministry? Please contact Page Clothier at firstname.lastname@example.org.
image from www.gettingsmart.com